PENGARUH PERSEPSI DUKUNGAN ORGANISASI TERHADAP KESIAPAN UNTUK BERUBAH KARYAWAN

Findy Suri N

Abstract


Organizational change is one of the important things that must be considered in the work environment. The thing that most influences the effectiveness of implementing change in the organization is the readiness of individuals to change. Perceptions of organizational support are factors that can increase readiness to change. Therefore, this study aims to determine the effect of perceived organizational support on the readiness to change of employees at the Chancellor Bureau, University of North Sumatra. The measurement tools of this research are the scale of readiness to change and the scale of perceived organizational support. This research was conducted on 130 employees at the North Sumatra Chancellor's Bureau. The results showed that there was a positive influence on the perception of organizational support together on the readiness to change among employees at the Chancellor Bureau, University of North Sumatra. The coefficient of determination (R) of perceived organizational support is able to explain the variable readiness to change in employees at the Chancellor's Bureau at the University of North Sumatra by 37.4% and the remaining 62.6% is explained by other independent variables that have not been studied.

Full Text:

PDF

References


Aamodt, Michael G. (2007). Industrial/Organizational Psychology: An appllied Approach. Thomas Wadsworth: California

Bernerth, J. (2004). Expanding our understanding of the change message. Human Resource Development Review, Vol.3, No.1 ,36-52.

Chow, S., & Holden R. (1997). Toward an understanding of loyalty : The moderating role of trust. Journal of Managerial Issues, 9 (3), 275-248.

Chow, I.H. (2006). The impact of develompomental experience, empowerment and organizational support on catering service staff performance. Hops. Manage, 25; 478-495.

Drucker, P.F. (1999). Management Challenges for the 21st Century. New York: Harper Business.

Eisenberger, R., Huntington, R., Hutchinson, S., Sowa Debora. (1986). Perceived organizationa support. Journal Of Applied Psychology.Vol 71. 500-507.

Eisenberger, R., Cummings, J., Armeli, S., Lynch, P. (1997). Perceived organizational Support, Discretionary Treatment, and Job Satisfaction. Journal of Applied Psychology, 82, 812-820.

Eisenberger, R., & Rhoades, L. (2002). Perceived organizational support: A review of the literature. Journal of applied psychology, 87 (4), 698-714.

Hanpachern, C., Morgan, G.A., & Griego, O.V. (1998). An extension of the theory of margin: A framework for assessing readiness for change. Human Resource Development Quarterly, 9 (4), 339-350.

Holt, D.T., Armenakis, A.A., Feild, H.S., &Harris, S.G. (2007). Readiness for organizational change: The systematic development of a scale. Journal of Applied Behavioral Science, 43 (2), 232-255.

Holt, D. T., Armenakis, A. A., Harris, S. G., & Feild, H. S. (2007). Toward a comprehensive definition of readiness for change: A review of research and instrumentation. In W. A. Pasmore & R. W. Woodman (Eds.), Research in organizational change and development: Vol. 16, (pp. 289- 336). Oxford, UK: Elsevier.

Iverson, R.D. (1996). Employee acceptance of organizational change : The role of orgsanizational commitment. The interbational of Human Resource Management. 7(1), 122- 149.

Rhoades, L. & Eisenberger, R. (2002). Perceived organizational support: A review of literature. Journal of Applied Psychology Vol. 87. 698-714.

Shore, L.M., & Shore, T. H. (1995). Perceived organizational support and organizationaljustice. Jourmal of Applied Psychology, 76, 637-643.


Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.